Computer simulation modelling is a mathematical tool that recreates a real-world process or system, and plays out that system over time with the goal of predicting and analysing outcomes.
Simulation allows you to
- Experiment with systems that cannot be altered in reality because of cost, risk of destruction, or ethical considerations
- Quantify the impact of uncertainty on performance
- Quantitatively assess complex systems where change is being considered (what-if analysis)
- Communicate ideas and plans to stakeholders
- Investigate the potential impact of operational decisions, strategic decisions, and capital investment decisions
Developing a valid simulation model requires expertise in data analysis, statistics, programming, and process improvement. Fortunately, SIMCON employs a team of simulation experts with proven educational and professional experience utilizing simulation to solve challenging problems.
The company employs a systematic approach to all simulation projects that includes the following
- A complete formulation and analysis of the problem and project parameters (including interviewing stakeholders)
- Selection of the appropriate modelling paradigm
- Definition of data requirements and collection of specified data
- Development of the preliminary model
- Model testing, refinement, and validation
- Simulation of alternative operating scenarios and optimization of key performance measures
- Statistical analysis of model output
- A formal report and presentation of findings and recommendations to key stakeholders
We have experience with several leading simulation packages, including Simio, Arena, Simul8, FlexSim, ProModel, Matlab Simulink, and Oracle Crystal Ball, as well as designing our own simulation software programs from the ground up.
Contact us and let’s talk about building better decisions.